Varun Bhat K N
Graduate Student specializing in Embedded systems and VLSI | Actively looking for Summer Internship/Co-op
|Masters of Science(M.S.)||Electrical Engineering||Colorado State University||3.43||Dec 2017|
|Bachelor of Engineering(B.E.)||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Visvesvaraya Technological University||3.5||May 2013|
- Hardware and Software Design of Embedded systems (ECE561)
- Advanced Computer Architecture Engineering (ECEN5593 UCBoulder)
- Internet Engineering (ECE658)
- Machine Learning (CS545)
- Introduction to algorithms (CS420)
- DSP using FPGA/ Software Defined Radio (ECE)
- VLSI Design (ECE571)
Colorado State University (CO, USA)
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Jan 2017 - Present)
Colorado State University (CO, USA)
Web Developer (Aug 2016 - Present)
- Designing tools to be in use for the Engineering department for the use by students and faculty, a few of which are deployed at the university level.
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) (Bangalore, India)
Project Engineer (Jan 2015 - May - 2015)
- Designed and developed circuit prototype for three different medical devices.
- Learnt the architecture of PIC micro controllers and used them for wireless medical instruments.
- Interfaced hardware with Android application to control and store medical records on a remote cloud (AWS)
Software/firmware Developer (Oct 2014 - May 2015) Profile
- Took up various software projects from freelancer.com.
- Worked on designing projects relating to Web Backend, Mobile Application, Firmware design and Network administration on cloud servers.
Tayana Software Solutions (Bangalore, India)
Software Developer (Jul 2013 - Aug 2014)
- Modified and added features to the Signaling Server and Load balancer for sorting incoming calls and SMS from the SS7 network.
- Worked on Call Screening plaTorm and integration with the Web interface, Short Message Switching Centre (SMSC); feature development and bug fixing.
Project Assistant Indian Institute of Science (Oct 2014 - Jan 215)
- Implemented the hardware from the paper on “Design and Evaluation of a Robust Optical Beam-Interruption-Based Vehicle Classifier System”.
- Redesigned the analog signal processing circuit with digital filters controlled by using Atmel Cortex M0 Microcontroller
Intern at Indian Space Research Organization(ISRO) (Jan 2013 - May 2013)
- Learnt the VLSI implementation of MIL-1553 BUS protocol.
- Understood the interaction of MIL-1553 bus controller with remote terminals of various subsystems with the 8051 IP Core.
- Also, implemented the same on an Actel FPGA Board in VHDL.
Intern at Dfygraviti Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Designed and Developed a prototype circuit to receive IR remote key press data
- Interfaced the hardware to android to provide Channel suggestions.
|Python||Web:||Django, Bottle, Flask|
|Scientific:||Numpy, Matplotlib, Theano, Keras|
|C/C++||Libraries:||Boost,STL C++11/14, OpenMP|
|HDL||Verilog, VHDL, Chisel, SystemC|
|Hardware Design||Eagle, Kicad|
|uC||AVR, PIC, Raspberry Pi, MicroPython, ARM|
|Web Design||HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, Nodejs|
|Cloud Services||AWS, Heroku, Google Cloud Suite, docker|
|Databases||MySQL, Sqlite, Oracle, Mongo, Redis|
- VLSI: Designed the floor plan for an 8 Bit adder circuit with the help of individual gates matching the specifications using Virtuoso.
- Internet Engineering: Designed a POC and tested a P2P IoT network implementation for service discovery using a distributed DHT.
- Embedded Systems: Ultrasound tomography using FPGA
- Machine Learning: Handwriting Recognition using Deep learning.
- Graduate Project: Proposing a model for mitigating cross talk due to process variations in Photonic Network on chips
- Multi-interfaced Remote Network: Home Automation with Network of Arduino devices connected to switches, communicating to a central master controller (Raspberry Pi) connected to a Mobile and WiFi and Bluetooth. Allows receiving information from an Android or web Interface or sms/call to switch devices and receive sensor readings. (www)
- Dictionary based Speech Recognition implemented using Matlab. Displayed the results of a game implemented using the speech recognition on a custom made 16x16 LED matrix.
- OpenCV based path detection Robot using Arduino and Raspberry Pi. (www)
- TxtWeb(API) based SMS Registration and Notification System, implemented for event registration(www).
- Arduino based MP3 player with alarm Clock.
- Other Github Projects (www)
- IEEE Xtreme 6.0 (2012) : Achieved 4th in India and 166th worldwide. Under the team name Impetus Link
- Awarded Best Outgoing Student for overall performance of the Batch-2013
- Awarded Excellence in leadership By Forum of Reva Communication and Engineering (FORCE), 2012
- Conducted workshops in PCB Design, Python, Arduino Programming, Web Development